Sunday, August 28, 2011

Nice




Nice was, well, nice! Yes, you all knew I would use that one, huh?

Anyways, after arriving in Nice from Lyon I spent the day wandering around the old portion of the city. Nothing too exciting until dinner when I had my first dish of Moules Frites for dinner followed by a dessert of cacao and Irish coffee gelato! As a side note, this post is about two weeks overdue but I can still give a pretty good rundown of everything I ate while here :)

Day two of my visit was a bit more exciting. Family, I have posted a picture so you actually believe that I went bike riding around the city and up to highest point in Nice for great views and a delicious picnic of bread, cheese, olives, sundried tomatoes, and strawberries. The rest of the day consisted of a pit stop for a bit more gelato (chocolate and coconut) and a few hours of relaxation at the Nice "beaches". I put this in quotations because when I picture a beach I think soft sand. Nice is just the opposite. The beach is made up of rather large smooth stones that get progressively smaller and more jagged as you get further towards the water. This made for some very pathetic looking entrances and exits into the water...

On day three, my hostel roommates and I decided to pack a picnic take a trip to Cannes in search of sandier beaches. Our trip was a great success as the crowded beaches of Cannes were much more conducive to sitting, walking, swimming, etc...

The Nice trip culminated with a dinner of linguine with pesto and sauteed vegetables that I threw together for our travel group and then a late night walk down to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment