Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sara is actually in France!

I made it to France! To do this I had to overcome a 9 hour layover and no sleep on my 7 hour flight due to a brother-sister screaming duo. I have learned my lesson and next time will either have noise cancelling headphones or earplugs with me. Anyways, seeing as it's nearly midnight here and I'm still going I think that I'm doing pretty well!

I got a chance to walk around Aix during my jaunt out to find food and based on that short encounter I think I'm going to really like it here! It's got an old city vibe but still seems to have all the perks of an interesting city. I also passed five bakeries in a quarter mile walk so that's certainly not going to hurt my view of the city :)

Now for all of you who are eagerly waiting to hear what I had for my first meal in France.... I wanted something fast but good so I wandered down an alley and found a little pizza place where I had a fromage blanc pizza with olives, mushrooms, and ham.

Croissants in the morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment